Due to continued expansion an exciting opportunity has become available within Logical’s busy service department.
Trainee Photocopier Engineer – Logical Print and Document Solutions
Job Specification (2019)
Background – Logical Print and Document Solutions
Logical is one of the leading, completely local document solutions companies based across the North of Scotland and works with the world’s biggest providers of integrated print and document solutions. We offer the very latest, high technology products with local service at the centre of our customer proposition.
Our offices are based in Inverness, Aberdeen, Elgin, and Lerwick. We offer a wide range of printing, scanning and copying solutions including document and print management, electronic document archiving, networking and services, software solutions and product procurement and deployment.
We work in partnership with Sharp and UTAX.
Sharp Electronics – In 1972, Sharp unveiled their first photocopier; the first step on a journey that would see a steady introduction of office printers, document scanning equipment, versatile Multi-Functional Printers and powerful production printers, complemented with a full range of document management and other software solutions.
UTAX (UK) Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of TA Triumph-Adler and specialises in the sale of high-quality printing and copier systems. Its broad portfolio of products comprises of hardware and software, copying, printing and multi-functional printers (MFP’s) for office workstations and large-scale systems for professional applications.
We also offer a local, first class service and back-up covering the whole of the north and north-east of Scotland which is provided by a highly trained team comprising of skilled engineers, network specialists, accredited trainers and customer focused IT support.
Our client base is diverse (we currently account manage 100’s of customers) and we supply all sectors, from single users to large corporate rollouts throughout the UK.
Job Title: Trainee Engineer – Logical Print & Document Solutions
Reports To: Service & Operations Manager
Job Locations: Highlands & Islands
The role will be varied and will consist of the following:
- Working on printers/photocopiers within our customer base in the Highlands & Islands.
- Assisting with delivery and installation of new equipment.
- No previous experience is required – full training will be given by our manufacturing partners Sharp and UTAX.
- Working hours are 0900 – 1730 Monday-Friday, you may be asked to work out with these hours – for which overtime will be paid.
- Unpacking and pre-delivery inspection of new equipment.
Do you have what it takes?
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the following:
- Working, basic knowledge of IT
- Good communication and time management skills
- Enthusiastic and positive
- An interest in mechanical and electrical engineering
- Must be a keen learner and be capable of working both as part of a team, as well as independently
- Full, clean UK Driving License
- Working as a part of a busy, friendly team
- Competitive salary
- Company vehicle, laptop and pension
- Full training given both on-site and at our partners training centres
- 28 days holiday – including bank holidays
- Career progression within the company
Completed CV’s should be submitted to Jess Millar, Logical Print and Document Solutions, 4 Walker Road, Inverness IV1 1TD or emailed to:
Additional information about this post may also be requested.